Equipment acquisition is a major part of financial management. This will require a little research on your part. I want you to research a medical equipment device of your choice and answer the questions below. This will help you begin to work through what you need to think about when purchasing new equipment. This applies to small purchases as well as large purchases.
- What is this unit’s primary function? (e.g. Treatment and/or Diagnostic applications of the unit)
- What area or department would this device probably be located/utilized? (e.g. Dentist Office Procedure Room, Hospital Emergency Room, etc.)
- Name a few different manufacturers of this unit. Please try to include makes/models if possible. (e.g. Hill-Rom Advanta 2 Patient Bed)
- Give a very rough estimate price range for this unit. (e.g. $2,000 to $7,000)
- What are some common problems and/or failures regarding this unit? (e.g. Touchscreen Fails, Cables Fray, etc.)
- What is something specific that you would need to check when performing Preventative Maintenance on this unit? (e.g. Temperature reading is properly calibrated)
- Any other pertinent information about the equipment you chose.