Get to know effective ways to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
Whenever users are working on the QuickBooks application, they might come across this issue: QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. This is a common error in QuickBooks where the user can’t initialize the license properties. Also, their system can’t load the license data. It hampers their workflow and reduces efficiency.
What Exactly Do We Mean By QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The Error 3371 pops up if the entitlementDataStore.ECML is damaged. It is a file that has all the license properties of the QuickBooks software that you are currently using.
Also, when the system abruptly shuts down due to power failure, QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 might occur. Here, the process of syncing the bookkeeping software with the internet is disrupted. Following error messages might pop up on the screen:
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. It may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Causes Behind Error 3371
Many reasons can lead to QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. These are as follows:
- Firstly, the QBregistration.date file and MSXML component of Microsoft are damaged.
- Your windows are obsolete.
- THird party applications, such as antivirus, are interrupting the process of updating QuickBooks.
- There are network issues, and your internet connectivity is weak.
- Finally, you haven’t saved the QBO file, before importing it.
Things To Do Before Fixing QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- Make sure that you have the latest version of windows, to easily fix the error.
- Also, ensure that your current windows are free from any corruption or malware attacks.
Solution 1: Update the Windows OS
- Firstly, sign in using administrator rights and click the Windows button on your keyboard.
- After that, go to all programs option and look for windows update.
- Now, if there are any updates, install all of them and it will solve the Error 3371.
Solution 2: Delete EntitlementDataStore.ECML file
- End all background running apps related to QuickBooks.
- Go to task manager and click the processes option.
- Now, look EXE file of QuickBooks and click the end task option.
- Here, choose the entitlement folder. Here, look for the ECML file and delete it.
- Again, open the company file of Quickbooks and register your application afresh to receive instructions.
It will fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 easily.
If none of the solutions helps, you can always reach out to the Quickbooks support team and let them know your issues with the error code. They provide quick relief from Error 3371 and other such bugs that constantly occur on QuickBooks. Moreover, you will get a detailed guide for other errors too. Whenever you face a bug on QuickBooks, ensure that you note down the error code before learning how to fix the error.
You may also read: java error code 1601